Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For Fear of Sounding Redundant

I write regulary for our association's newsletter, published each week on the back page of the Alabama Baptist newspaper for those families whose subscriptions originate from one of our member churches. It doesn't go all over the state like one woman in my previous church believed. She said, "I don't want people all over Alabama knowing our business." Well, she didn't have to worry. It's called a "local edition." The print media has been a mainstay for our communication effort for the past 30 or more years. But you can imagine that we discover a diminishing number of subscriptions each year, thus a reduction in readership.
Hopefully we will begin some creative electronic communication efforts in the near future to help those more "wired" to connect with what God is doing in our midst.

I say all that to say that every time I sit down to write, I get the feeling I have aleady stated this emphasis. So, with that acknowledgement, please forgive any redundancy in my thoughts and expressions. I hope to be writing more very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment