Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why This Title?

"Striveforwisdom?" Why did I select this title for my blog? Good question. Now, let's see if I can give a reasonable answer.

The first reason stems from my spiritual and family heritage. Growing up with a Christian family, we were always challenged to "do the right thing." Doing the right thing, or living the right way, requires wisdom. And, based on a some of my personal decisions from time to time, I have not fully acquired it.

The second reason stems from my current calling in life, to help churches more effectively engage the rapidly changing culture in which we find ourselves. This requires wisdom. Based on our rate of success, we don't have it and are not exercising it.

Solomon asked God for one thing, wisdom. My prayer is that I will make wise use of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment